Subject: bug#47154: closed ([email-masked] package vulnerable to various severe CVEs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 08:50:02 +0000

Your bug report

#47154: [email-masked] package vulnerable to various severe CVEs

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
47154: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=47154
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: [email-masked] package vulnerable to various severe CVEs
From: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 09:48:59 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed by 1155a88308df7649fe74bd5bb8279a4d103ce386

Subject: [email-masked] package vulnerable to various severe CVEs
From: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 09:44:22 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

Latest version is 89.0.4389.90

ungoogled-chromium upstream has it: 
https://github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/commit/64cbcbcfee33fd56760173b3a17d2de52cd77258

Debian also upgraded: 
https://salsa.debian.org/chromium-team/chromium/-/commit/8a1f530bdc3fc90993cdc1499e77f9e91468a686

I am not sure how to undertake this upgrade, I tried a little bit but
it failed at failing to delete some bundled third_party directories.

Would love to know in more detail what is the process for upgrading
ungoogled-chromium, license checking and patch rebasing if necessary.

Thank you!