Subject: bug#47150: [External] : bug#47150: 28.0.50; Incorrect major-mode in minibuffer

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:18:15 +0000

Hello, Sheng.

On Fri, Apr 09, 2021 at 03:57:01 -0500, Sheng Yang wrote:
> Any update/decision on this? The discussions have been inactive for more than 2 weeks.

Sorry, I got distracted by another project which turned out to be bigger
than expected.

I will decide this, basically to follow Drew's suggestion, since he is
the only one with strong views on the subject.  What's more, I am now
convinced he is right.  ;-)

To sum up, the minibuffer will always be in `minibuffer-mode', regardless
of whether it is active or inactive.  The minibuffer-mode key map will be
in force for INactive MBs, the map supplied by the commands will be in
force for active MBs.  There will be compatibility aliases to
`minibuffer-inactive-mode', etc.

I think this will enable you to solve the problems you have.

It will likely take me a few more days actually to implement this.

[ .... ]

> Sheng Yang(杨圣), PhD
> Computer Science Department
> University of Maryland, College Park
> E-mail: [email-masked]
> E-mail (old but still used): [email-masked]

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).