Subject: bug#47143: closed (pjproject package is vulnerable to CVE-2021-21375 and CVE-2020-15260)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 21:02:02 +0000

Your bug report

#47143: pjproject package is vulnerable to CVE-2021-21375 and CVE-2020-15260

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
47143: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=47143
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: pjproject package is vulnerable to CVE-2021-21375 and CVE-2020-15260
From: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 23:01:17 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

upstream released 2.11 which fixed the issue.

Update to 2.11 pushed as 45136b3673bcdba21fa0d1fd6edb3d388a645fcc

Subject: pjproject package is vulnerable to CVE-2021-21375 and CVE-2020-15260
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 17:35:32 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm forwarding this to [email-masked] so that it won't be forgotten.

      Mark

-------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
Subject: pjproject package is vulnerable to CVE-2021-21375 and CVE-2020-15260
From: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 03:30:42 +0100

CVE-2021-21375	00:15
PJSIP is a free and open source multimedia communication library
written in C language implementing standard based protocols such as
SIP, SDP, RTP, STUN, TURN, and ICE. In PJSIP version 2.10 and earlier,
after an initial INVITE has been sent, when two 183 responses are
received, with the first one causing negotiation failure, a crash will
occur. This results in a denial of service.

CVE-2020-15260	00:15
PJSIP is a free and open source multimedia communication library
written in C language implementing standard based protocols such as
SIP, SDP, RTP, STUN, TURN, and ICE. In version 2.10 and earlier, PJSIP
transport can be reused if they have the same IP address + port +
protocol. However, this is insufficient for secure transport since it
lacks remote hostname authentication. Suppose we have created a TLS
connection to `sip.foo.com`, which has an IP address `100.1.1.1`. If we
want to create a TLS connection to another hostname, say `sip.bar.com`,
which has the same IP address, then it will reuse that existing
connection, even though `100.1.1.1` does not have certificate to
authenticate as `sip.bar.com`. The vulnerability allows for an insecure
interaction without user awareness. It affects users who need access to
connections to different destinations that translate to the same
address, and allows man-in-the-middle attack if attacker can route a
connection to another destination such as in the case of DNS spoofing.

Upstream has not made a release yet, I advise we wait for a release on
their end then upgrade. To be monitored.
-------------------- End of forwarded message --------------------