Subject: Re: bug#47138: 28.0.50; comp-tests suite creates a /nonexistent directory

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 17:30:36 +0000

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> Andrea Corallo wrote:
>
>> Okay af739863b0 when running the testsuite is adding in front of
>> `comp-eln-load-path' a temporary directory such that now all native
>> compilations tests are deposed and loaded there.  Does is look like a
>> good solution?
>
> Hard-coding a check in startup.el based on a setting for HOME that
> happens to be used by the test-suite doesn't look like a good solution
> to me. I'm not familiar with the native compilation branch, so I won't
> try to suggest an alternative. Also, the Emacs tests generally try to
> clean up when they exit, and it looks like nothing ever deletes this
> temporary directory?

Hi Glenn,

if we have a better idea on how to detect we are running the testsuite
we can use that in place.  Maybe defining a dedicated env variable
during the build?

Thanks

  Andrea