Subject: Re: bug#47138: 28.0.50; comp-tests suite creates a /nonexistent directory

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 18:57:21 +0200

> From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 16:28:12 +0000
> 
> I see, the target directory for a newly compiled .eln is the first entry
> in `comp-eln-load-path', so HOME is not accounted and the trick didn't
> applied.

Right, makes sense.

> Okay af739863b0 when running the testsuite is adding in front of
> `comp-eln-load-path' a temporary directory such that now all native
> compilations tests are deposed and loaded there.  Does is look like a
> good solution?

Yes, I think so.  But please add a note in test/Makefile.in, where
this /nonexistent trick is set up, that if the name is changed,
startup.el should be changed as well.

However, I've run the test suite after updating from Git, and that
/nonexistent directory is still being created, with files
comp-test-funcs, comp-test-funcs-dyn, comp-test-45603, and a few
subr--trampoline* files.  The rest of the *.eln files created by the
test are going to the temporary directory, but there's no
emacs-testsuite-NNN subdirectory there.  Any ideas what could be
causing that?

Thanks.