Subject: Re: bug#47133: 28.0.50; Library chart: colors sometimes appear, sometimes not

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 07:47:41 +0100

Jean Louis <[email-masked]> writes:

> The above chart function sits in my indestructible *scratch* and I run
> Emacs as server, then comes the client and I evaluate that
> function. Sometimes on the first invokation of emacsclient after
> initialization I will see colors. Sometimes I will not see colors. That
> says to me that it is most probably not related to my configuration.
>
> It appear to be random.

Perhaps it's a case of what display that's active when you're loading
chart.el?  What's the value of `chart-face-list' when you don't see any
colours?  It's defined as:

(defvar chart-face-list
  (if (display-color-p)
      ...

so if the display in question doesn't support colours when loading,
you'll get no colours on any display, I think.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no