Subject: 28.0.50; Library chart: colors sometimes appear, sometimes not

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 11:23:30 +0300

Here is one example chart:

M-x load-library RET chart RET

(chart-bar-quickie 'vertical "People's Acknowledgments"
		   '("Joe" "Jane" "Jean" "Jenny")
		   "Acknowledged people"
		   '(6.0 4.0 4.0 4.0)
		   "Person")

Colors sometimes appear, sometimes not. Sometimes I get just drawings
instead of colors. I am using extensively chart library and I used in
last months, somewhere last month or short time before, I have seen that
sometimes I do not see any colors.

Because I have not changed anything on my side I think that developers
changed something and now there is problem with colors.

I have tried already everything to determine what is wrong. I cannot
find where is problem, and I have nothing in my configuration that
changes the chart library.

I have tried invoking the above chart function after any loading of any
librari in my init, and it worked well.

The above chart function sits in my indestructible *scratch* and I run
Emacs as server, then comes the client and I evaluate that
function. Sometimes on the first invokation of emacsclient after
initialization I will see colors. Sometimes I will not see colors. That
says to me that it is most probably not related to my configuration.

It appear to be random.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 8, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.14.8, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2021-03-07 built on protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: 468bb5ab7f949441f68c4133fcd5292dfbbfd83d
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11907000
System Description: Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/data1/protected/GNUstep/Library/Libraries/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XPM LUCID
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort hashcash mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 52571 9150)
 (symbols 48 7179 1)
 (strings 32 20106 1997)
 (string-bytes 1 640908)
 (vectors 16 12149)
 (vector-slots 8 169140 9988)
 (floats 8 26 42)
 (intervals 56 228 0)
 (buffers 992 11))

-- 
Thanks,
Jean Louis
⎔ λ 🄯 𝍄 𝌡 𝌚