Subject: bug#47130: closed (Re: bug#47130: 28.0.50; Gnus: mairix doesn't work anymore)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 01:26:01 +0000

Your bug report

#47130: 28.0.50; Gnus: mairix doesn't work anymore

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
47130: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=47130
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#47130: 28.0.50; Gnus: mairix doesn't work anymore
From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 17:25:22 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Good catch! I'll fix that now. This `getenv' stuff is bad, too...
>
> Thanks.  Then, from my side this report can be closed when you are done
> with that.

Done! Thanks.

Subject: 28.0.50; Gnus: mairix doesn't work anymore
From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 05:50:25 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

this is probably a member of one class of my repeated Gnus bug reports
about one and the same thing that breaks and breaks again.

Some years ago I had setup nnmairix for Gnus to be able to search
mails.  It was hard.

It worked for some months.  Since then, every single time when I tried to
use it, it was broken, and needed manual intervention to fix.  Most of
the time, I had to repeat the setup, and that worked.

Now, I tried several hours to get it work, but failed, no chance
whatever I tried.  I see that mairix works fine in the background, but
Gnus doesn't.  I only get empty or inaccessible groups corresponding to
the search.  Recreating or editing the related nnml group(s) doesn't
help.  Gnus doesn't let me edit the nnmairix server definition, it says
I had to do it "in my configuration".  I have no clue in which.  I don't
create that server in my normal setup.

.newsrc.eld maybe?  Thanks to the overlong lines, Emacs is not even able
to edit that file.  I could try longlines or so, but I gave up for now,
since I don't even know if it is the right file and what I should try.

Is anybody using this?  Should be a common task to search mails in
Gnus.  Why is it so hard?

TIA,

Michael.