Subject: Re: bug#47130: 28.0.50; Gnus: mairix doesn't work anymore

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 04:02:28 +0100

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> My only advice is to not use nnmairix (which no one is maintaining), and
> just use mairix as a regular backend to gnus-search (which should do
> everything that nnmairix ever did).

Seems to be cool - I tried it, but didn't get it work.  I tried to
search my (locally) archived messages with G G and mairix.

This is my mairixrc:

| base=~/Mail/archive
| mfolder=/home/micha/mairix
| mh=...
| mformat=mh
| omit=zz_mairix-*
| database=~/.mairixdatabase

and I use this config for Gnus:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(setq gnus-search-mairix-remove-prefix
      (expand-file-name "mairix/" "~")) ; correct?
(setf (alist-get 'nnml gnus-search-default-engines)
      'gnus-search-mairix)
#+end_src

When searching with G G mairix seems to be called; I get a prompt asking
how many of a plausible varying number of articles I want to see in the
created group; I hit RET to accept the default and Gnus just says

  "No unread news"

and that's it.  Am I doing something wrong?

TIA,

Michael.