Subject: Re: bug#47115: Failure building grub-img.png when reconfiguring

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 19:24:16 -0500

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 05:58:27PM -0500, Jack Hill wrote:
>> This is with Guix bb5d84a0489a629d30bc2e978807caf20f46e329. My last
>> successful reconfigure was with 80739ea480a7db667b83b45e3a08be740449f689.
>> The output of the reconfigure run is attached. Reconfiguring without grafts
>> succeeds.
>
> I wonder if it's related to the changes in the recent Cairo graft, from
> commit bc16eacc99e801ac30cbe2aa649a2be3ca5c102a?

Is anyone else seeing this?  FWIW, I tested reconfiguring my Guix system
with the grafts I recently pushed, and grub-img.png built successfully
for me.  I'm using the resulting system now.

Also, the changes between the original cairo and its replacement are
quite minimal.  I'm having trouble imagining how this graft could have
led to that error, but of course my imagination is limited. :)

Jack: is the problem reproducible, or could it have been a sporadic
failure?

       Mark