Subject: [PATCH] doc: Document the guidelines for removing inactive committers.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 15:32:00 -0500

As suggested by the maintainer collective, this establishes some clear
guidelines for when and how to remove inactive committers from the
project. We already do this, in an ad-hoc way, but it's better to make
it explicit.

* doc/contributing.texi (Commit Access): Add paragraph about removing
inactive committers.
---
 doc/contributing.texi | 5 +++++
 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+)

diff --git a/doc/contributing.texi b/doc/contributing.texi
index c9dd7d6c04..44546d53bc 100644
--- a/doc/contributing.texi
+++ b/doc/contributing.texi
@@ -1374,6 +1374,11 @@ you're confident, it's OK to commit.
 That last part is subject to being adjusted, allowing individuals to commit
 directly on non-controversial changes on parts they’re familiar with.
 
+Committers will have their Savannah account removed from the Guix
+Savannah project and their key removed from @file{.guix-authorizations}
+after 12 months of inactivity; they can ask to regain commit access by
+emailing the maintainers.
+
 One last thing: the project keeps moving forward because committers not
 only push their own awesome changes, but also offer some of their time
 @emph{reviewing} and pushing other people's changes.  As a committer,
-- 
2.30.2