Subject: Re: [bug#47111] [PATCH] doc: Document the guidelines for removing inactive committers.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 09:07:16 +0100

Hello,

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> To me, security is less of a concern that potential for making mistakes.
> If someone is out of the loop and the committer workflow changes, they
> won't have noticed and could push commits that don't work for `guix
> pull`, or that cause too many rebuilds, or whatever.
>
> How about this:
>
> "In order to reduce the possibility of mistakes, committers will have
> ..."

Sure, if that's the reason why. 

Also, about my second suggestion at the end of the message, I want to
make it clear that regaining commit access is trivial, and does not
imply another vouching process (IIUC), i.e., "you can ask to..." sounds
like it could be refused.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou