Subject: bug#47106: Bubblewrap hates Guix containers 😞

From: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 19:01:29 +0100

Am Samstag, den 13.03.2021, 18:07 +0100 schrieb Bengt Richter:
> I am not a Wayland developer, if that's what you mean by "Wayland
> folk" :)
I meant it as "folk using Wayland in their display manager".

> I am curious what the commands below would show inside your
> container.
> "pidparents" [1] is a little script I find handy, which would have to
> be
> accessible in your container of course. Idk how you put local bash
> scripts
> in your container. I assume it's possible :)
Far from getting a script into my container, I can't even really get
into my container through means like `guix container exec`, so I simply
bloated it with screen and pstree.  The result:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
sh-+-dbus-daemon
   |-dbus-launch
   `-screen---screen-+-sh---.epiphany-real-+-WebKitNetworkPr---
11*[{WebKitNetworkPr}]
                     |                     |-bwrap---bwrap---
WebKitWebProces
                     |                     `-18*[{.epiphany-real}]
                     `-sh---pstree
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I think these processes are created and die too quickly for me to
reliably extract PIDs.

Regards,
Leo