Subject: Re: bug#47095: [PATCH] Add support for image mirroring (Bug#47095)

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 11:22:11 +0000

On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 10:36:43AM +0200, Timo Taipalus wrote:
> It seems image-mode does not have capability for image mirroring, so
> here's a patch for it.  Tested NS (macOS) and XRender/Cairo
> implementations.  As it is, it has no effect if ImageMagick is
> enabled.

I suspect this won't work at all on windows due to the way the
transform is implemented there, but someone should probably check.

> I chose 'h' as the action key because 'm' and 'f' were reserved, and
> 'h' is easy to memorize ("horizontal").

'r' for reverse, maybe?

Is it possible to do the mirroring before the rotation instead of as
part of it? I feel like it would make the code a little clearer,
although I suspect you're doing it in the rotation to reduce the
number of calculations? Would it be possible to have both horizontal
and vertical mirroring?

-- 
Alan Third