Subject: bug#47093: 27.1; deleted image remains displayed

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 19:15:04 +0900

Evaluate the form below, the deleted image remains displayed partially
in the window.
In my environment, (window-pixel-height)=>560, (frame-char-height)=>16.

The attached image is the screenshot of the result.

(let* ((buf (generate-new-buffer "tmp"))
       (w 512)
       (h 512)
       (pbm (concat (format "P4\n%d %d\n" w h)
                    (make-string (* (/ w 8) h) ?U))))
  (switch-to-buffer buf)
  (dotimes (i 50)
    (insert-char ?X i)
    (insert ?\n))
  (goto-char (point-min))
  (redisplay t)
  (insert-image (create-image pbm 'pbm t :scale 1))
  (redisplay t)
  (delete-char -1))

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2020-08-22 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: 86d8d76aa36037184db0b2897c434cdaab1a9ae8
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.18363
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.1909.18363.1379)

Recent messages:

Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY W32NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: JPN
  locale-coding-system: cp932

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
term/bobcat japan-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win
w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 49725 7753)
 (symbols 48 6091 1)
 (strings 32 16938 1600)
 (string-bytes 1 557030)
 (vectors 16 10734)
 (vector-slots 8 209003 13174)
 (floats 8 21 43)
 (intervals 56 240 0)
 (buffers 1000 11))