Subject: bug#47092: closed (Re: bug#47092: Icecat sandbox causes issues with fonts in --pure env)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 18:52:02 +0000

Your bug report

#47092: Icecat sandbox causes issues with fonts in --pure env

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
47092: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=47092
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#47092: Icecat sandbox causes issues with fonts in --pure env
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: Martin <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 14:49:14 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Martin via Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]> writes:

> Problem fixed with the newest IceCat v91.2.0-guix0-preview1 in the
>   guix c1ca853
>      repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
>      branch: master
>      commit: c1ca85323d5246fc805a31e03b4164b8da08e930

Thanks for letting us know!  I'm closing this bug now.

     Regards,
       Mark

-- 
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.

Subject: Icecat sandbox causes issues with fonts in --pure env
From: Martin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 09:03:57 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,
whenever I'm trying to run 'guix environment --pure --ad-hoc icecat -- 
icecat' or similar commands in a --container I'm ending up with some 
tofu ugly font fallback box glyphs in the app. However everything works 
fine running 'guix environment --ad-hoc icecat -- icecat'. Moreover I've 
noticed that when I edit the default value of 
"security.sandbox.content.level" from 4 to 2 in "about:config" then the 
problem disappear and the fonts are properly displayed in --pure and 
--container env. I was trying to install all possible fonts, running 
'fc-cache -rfv' and analyze the icecat logs with "MOZ_SANDBOX_LOGGING=1" 
to include blocking paths into the 
"security.sandbox.content.read_path_whitelist" but still I couldn't fix 
this issue with the icecat default sandbox level. Any ideas how to solve 
it in Guix System and what are the side effects of using 
"security.sandbox.content.level=2" in --pure env?

Kind regards!
Martin

security.sandbox.content.read_path_whitelist