Subject: bug#47092: Icecat sandbox causes issues with fonts in --pure env

From: Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 11:09:58 +0000

On 3/12/21 10:51 AM, zimoun wrote:
> Indeed, the package eolie is broken; which is another issue–and BTW
> thanks for pointing this out.  Back to your initial report about icecat,
> what about something like that:
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>     guix environment --preserve='^DISPLAY$' --container --network \
>       --expose=/etc/machine-id \
>       --expose=/etc/ssl/certs/ \
>       --share=$HOME/.local/share/icecat/=$HOME/.local/share/icecat/ \
>       --ad-hoc icecat nss-certs dbus --  icecat
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
It's still not relevant to my issue. To run icecat using your example 
you should change one parameter to 
"--share=$HOME/.mozilla=$HOME/.mozilla" but again with the default 
"security.sandbox.content.level=4" the fonts will be tofued. I think 
once the issue could be fixed with simpler command, i.e. 'guix 
environment --pure --ad-hoc icecat -- icecat' than it would be easier to 
port the solution on the --container case.

Kind regards!
Martin