Subject: Re: bug#47092: Icecat sandbox causes issues with fonts in --pure env

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 11:51:30 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 at 10:15, Martin via Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]> wrote:
> no it doesn't help in this case and in general eolie package seems to be 
> broken because it doesn't work even with the simple 'guix environment 
> --ad-hoc eolie --  eolie':

Indeed, the package eolie is broken; which is another issue–and BTW
thanks for pointing this out.  Back to your initial report about icecat,
what about something like that:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
   guix environment --preserve='^DISPLAY$' --container --network \
     --expose=/etc/machine-id \
     --expose=/etc/ssl/certs/ \
     --share=$HOME/.local/share/icecat/=$HOME/.local/share/icecat/ \
     --ad-hoc icecat nss-certs dbus --  icecat
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

All the best,
simon