Subject: [bug#47086] [PATCH] gnu: tig: Update to 2.5.3.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 10:09:22 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 at 05:06, jgart via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> wrote:

> From: LibreMiami <[email-masked]>

[...]

> Co-authored-by: jgart <[email-masked]>
> Co-authored-by: donotshake <donotshake:matrix.org>

[...]

> +;;; Copyright © 2021 LibreMiami <[email-masked]>

Is LibreMiami a person or a «juridical person»?  If not, I am not
convinced LibreMiami can hold the Copyright.

IANAL, the commit author is fine to be <your-imagination-is-the-limit>
but the Copyright needs to be a legal person and cannot be an informal
group.  Or I do not see the reason of these Copyright lines header.

It is also the case for 387cac30bc4161055aba0c51e798a440f44592c2 adding
the package ’t’ (then renamed) and
3b2d7ada40db66439ce3d285960208687d79b421 tweaking the package mumble.

Cheers,
simon

PS: I agree that there is similar with copyrights hold by «nickname»
(~10), in my understanding, it does not make sense either, even if IANAL
again.  Well, nickname is another story I guess.