Subject: Re: [bug#47086] [PATCH] gnu: tig: Update to 2.5.3.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 13:27:54 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 at 11:42, "jgart" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Is LibreMiami a person or a «juridical person»?

> Yes, LibreMiami is a juridical person. We are a legal entity that
> commits and works on packaging software together.

Thanks for the clarification.  I still think it is a bad idea that
LibreMiami holds the Copyright instead of people who effectively did the
work.  That’s my point of view.

>> It is also the case for 387cac30bc4161055aba0c51e798a440f44592c2 adding
>> the package ’t’ (then renamed) and ...
>
> #46969 and go-github-com-operatorfoundation-ed25519
> (a2ece4da1fdccb9e94681e38a3f3a79b0d43e061) are other examples too.

If I read correctly, this commit a2ece4 does not lead to a Copyright
assignment.  So it’s fine.  Even, I find really cool that 6 people
co-authored a patch during a meetup.

> We host a package meetup every month. If you're available, we'd love
> to meet you and work on something together, also. 

This is really cool!  Great initiative.  Maybe I will show up. :-)

My point is just about the holder of the Copyright.  Concretely, to be
correct legally speaking, IIUC, the co-authors (of the 2 commits and
this patch) signed a copyright transfer to the LibreMiami entity.
Otherwise, the copyright does not belong to LibreMiami.

Cheers,
simon