Subject: bug#47067: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] Crash while scrolling through dispnew.c

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 09:11:28 +0200

> From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 20:21:26 +0000
> 
> > I'd like to compare your backtrace with what I get here.
> 
> Mmmh, my Emacs on the 32bit system I prepared when running interactively
> under gdb is unusable because all keys except the basic letters are
> mixed-up.  I never experienced this, is this common?  How can I solve
> it?

Rebuild Emacs not under GDB.  I think the breakpoints and other stuff
you set up in GDB get dumped into the pdmp file, and thus render the
dumped Emacs not very usable.  I always rebuild Emacs when I let it
dump itself (which happens rarely, because I rarely have to debug
temacs).

If the above doesn't help, it could be that some of the *.eln files
are damaged for similar reasons, so maybe remove them and let Emacs
recompile them as well.

If none of the above helps, please describe how did you "prepare Emacs
on the 32bit system when running interactively under GDB", maybe I
don't understand what exactly you did there.

Meanwhile, could you please post the backtrace I asked for from the
64-bit build?  Maybe it will tell me enough to get some ideas.

Thanks.