Subject: bug#47067: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] Crash while scrolling through dispnew.c

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 18:45:10 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 18:06:03 +0300
>> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> 
>> And here is the possible link between these two issues: if I start
>> Emacs after compiling preloaded files manually as above, then Emacs
>> seems to load the *.eln files from native-lisp/28.0.50-NNNNNN/, not
>> from native-lisp/28.0.50-NNNNNN/preloaded, and the problems with the
>> backtraces miraculously disappear!
>
> Scratch that: the problems with backtraces don't disappear, they still
> appear from time to time.
>
> I'm now starting to think that setting comp-debug to 1 didn't really
> fix the issue with backtraces, just made it less frequent.
>
> Don't know what to do with this.  Very disappointing.  It means that
> for me it will be much harder to debug the natively-compiled Emacs.

Yes that's sad, OTOH I suspect that providing a disassembled frame to
the gdb guys should be easy for them to add/fix the gdb unwinder.

  Andrea