Subject: bug#47067: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] Crash while scrolling through dispnew.c

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 20:58:36 +0300

> Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 19:09:52 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Scratch that: the problems with backtraces don't disappear, they still
> appear from time to time.
> 
> I'm now starting to think that setting comp-debug to 1 didn't really
> fix the issue with backtraces, just made it less frequent.
> 
> Don't know what to do with this.  Very disappointing.  It means that
> for me it will be much harder to debug the natively-compiled Emacs.

Hold on, I think I cracked this, see

  https://sourceware.org/pipermail/gdb-patches/2021-April/177499.html

It looks like a Windows-specific GDB bug, indeed.  I will try to code
a fix for that in GDB and see if that solves the problems with
backtraces once and for all.