Subject: bug#47067: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] Crash while scrolling through dispnew.c

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 13:56:10 +0200

> Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 11:52:11 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > > Question #2: can we somehow remove the stale .eln file in these
> > > situations?
> > 
> > I guess we should make it work for non installed case.
> > 
> > be22cda7be should do this.
> 
> Thanks.  However, does this also attempt to remove stale *.eln files
> that are preloaded?  Because if they are removed, older binaries which
> were dumped with those stale *.eln files will be unable to start after
> the cleanup, right?  It's a bit of a mess, I guess.

So maybe we should separate the preloaded *.eln files from the rest of
them.  Say, put the *.eln files for the preloaded Lisp files into a
special subdirectory of native-lisp/XX.YY.ZZ-xxxxxx/, let's call it
"preloaded".  Then in that subdirectory we never remove stale *.eln
files, because there might be a .pdmp file that references them.  The
*.eln files in other places can be cleaned up when they become stale.

WDYT?