Subject: Re: bug#47067: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] Crash while scrolling through dispnew.c

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 14:05:06 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 09:42:33 +0000
>> 
>> I've a patch that works modifying `load' to prevent native code being
>> loaded when a file with .elc suffix is explicitly presented as argument.
>> 
>> I was going to post it but re-reading your message I now wanted to ask:
>> do we want to act at `load' level or at `load-file' + `load-library'
>> level?
>
> The former, I think.  This is to keep the original semantics of 'load'
> as it existed before the native-compilation: if you say
>
>   (load "foo.el")
>
> Emacs loads the .el file, even if the corresponding .elc file exists.
>
> But if doing that in 'load' causes some trouble, I think we should at
> least do this on the level of 'load-file' and 'load-library'.

Okay b3ad62f8a3 does that in `load'.

At a quick test it does not create problems, will see.

Thanks

  Andrea