Subject: bug#47065: failed to compute the derivation for Guix

From: Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 10:43:49 +0100

This morning I wanted to upgrade a Guix System (don't remember last
time I did it…)

Here is the command line output :

   root@kitchen ~# guix pull && guix upgrade
   Mise à jour du canal « guix » depuis le dépôt Git «
   https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git »...
   Authentification du canal « guix », commits 9edb3f6 à 4a8b529 (4 426
   nouveaux commits)...
   Construction depuis ce canal :
     guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git	4a8b529
   substitute: mise à jour des substituts depuis «
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org »... 100.0 %
   substitute: mise à jour des substituts depuis «
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org »... 100.0 %
   substitute: mise à jour des substituts depuis «
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org »... 100.0 %
   téléchargement depuis
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/z0552bhx73ckj9r52r7mv6pf41ipfkqk-
   module-import...
    module-import  2KiB                   82KiB/s 00:00
   [##################] 100.0%

   téléchargement depuis
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/cyl6hfxaas8p0whzc8jd1hy8z1hd73qv-
   module-import-compiled...
    module-import-compiled                      5.0MiB/s 00:00 | 1.9MiB
   transferred

   téléchargement depuis
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/9vg19w0x5gnpwa4ghkgm9yjbwfvv4qvg-
   compute-guix-derivation...
    compute-guix-derivation  877B         61KiB/s 00:00
   [##################] 100.0%

   substitute: mise ? jour des substituts depuis
   ??https://ci.guix.gnu.org??... 100.0 %
   substitute: mise ? jour des substituts depuis
   ??https://ci.guix.gnu.org??... 100.0 %
   substitute: mise ? jour des substituts depuis
   ??https://ci.guix.gnu.org??... 100.0 %
   @ substituter-started /gnu/store/9h9153akbd6g2520mcl2d0vgbvyfi5qm-
   openssl-1.1.1i substitute
   -@ download-started /gnu/store/9h9153akbd6g2520mcl2d0vgbvyfi5qm-
   openssl-1.1.1i
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/9h9153akbd6g2520mcl2d0vgbvyfi5qm-
   openssl-1.1.1i 2182329
   @ download-progress /gnu/store/9h9153akbd6g2520mcl2d0vgbvyfi5qm-
   openssl-1.1.1i
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/9h9153akbd6g2520mcl2d0vgbvyfi5qm-
   openssl-1.1.1i 2182329 65544
   @ download-progress /gnu/store/9h9153akbd6g2520mcl2d0vgbvyfi5qm-
   openssl-1.1.1i
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/9h9153akbd6g2520mcl2d0vgbvyfi5qm-
   openssl-1.1.1i 2182329 851995
   \@ download-progress /gnu/store/9h9153akbd6g2520mcl2d0vgbvyfi5qm-
   openssl-1.1.1i
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/9h9153akbd6g2520mcl2d0vgbvyfi5qm-
   openssl-1.1.1i 2182329 2162738
   @ download-progress /gnu/store/9h9153akbd6g2520mcl2d0vgbvyfi5qm-
   openssl-1.1.1i
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/9h9153akbd6g2520mcl2d0vgbvyfi5qm-
   openssl-1.1.1i 2182329 2182329
   @ download-succeeded /gnu/store/9h9153akbd6g2520mcl2d0vgbvyfi5qm-
   openssl-1.1.1i
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/9h9153akbd6g2520mcl2d0vgbvyfi5qm-
   openssl-1.1.1i 2182329

   @ substituter-succeeded /gnu/store/9h9153akbd6g2520mcl2d0vgbvyfi5qm-
   openssl-1.1.1i
   @ substituter-started /gnu/store/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2 substitute
   |@ download-started /gnu/store/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2 12471231
   @ download-progress /gnu/store/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2 12471231 65544
   @ download-progress /gnu/store/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2 12471231 786454
   @ download-progress /gnu/store/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2 12471231 1638440
   @ download-progress /gnu/store/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2 12471231 2162746
   /@ download-progress /gnu/store/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2 12471231 2752590
   @ download-progress /gnu/store/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2 12471231 3407966
   @ download-progress /gnu/store/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2 12471231 3539040
   -@ download-progress /gnu/store/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2 12471231 3735652
   @ download-progress /gnu/store/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/fbn395nfpbp4d4fr6jsbmwcx6n10kg16-
   python-minimal-3.8.2 12471231 4194415
   guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
   '/gnu/store/9vg19w0x5gnpwa4ghkgm9yjbwfvv4qvg-compute-guix-
   derivation'
   failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
   "4a8b529ce15ddc69a9dd701e450fc85a0ed65910"; system: "x86_64-linux";
   host version: "48cccf06ad84f96bb4fc839ab6f26525c7e8dae0"; pull-
   version: 1).
   Please report it by email to <[email-masked]>.

Jérémy