Subject: bug#47061: 27.1; Users love fancy Gcc strings, but only when they are in the mood

From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 01:58:02 +0800

There is:
C-c C-f C-b	message-goto-bcc
C-c C-f C-c	message-goto-cc
C-c C-f C-w	message-goto-fcc
Well there ought to be also a:
C-c C-f C-g	message-goto-gcc
In fact it should create one if there is none too.
Sure, the user could do (setq gnus-message-archive-group ...)
But then he would have Gcc: appear on all his messages... But what about
the case where he only wants it to appear on 1% of his messages?
Well instead of him needing to remove the Gcc manually for 99% of his
messages, I propose a new variable, that would still use
gnus-message-archive-group, but only insert it when he hit
message-goto-gcc ! So maybe instead of message-goto-gcc, call it
message-insert-gcc .
Anyway there on (info "(gnus) Archived Messages") there are examples of
fancy Gcc strings. The problem is that yes, users like the power of
those Mercedes Benz fancy strings, but most of the time they merely want to
walk down to the convenience store, leaving their car at home.