Subject: bug#47036: 27.1; XBM file image cannot be resized with :width and :height

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 18:23:30 +0900

Evaluating the form below, XBM image with :height property is not
displayed in the first and second inserted line.

(let ((img1 (find-image '((:file "gnus/gnus.xbm" :type xbm :height 100))))
      (img2 (find-image '((:file "gnus/gnus.xbm" :type xbm :width 100))))
      (img3 (find-image '((:file "gnus/gnus.xbm" :type xbm))))
      (img4 (find-image '((:file "gnus/gnus.xpm" :type xpm :height 100 )))))
  (insert "with :height\t")
  (insert-image img1 "ALTTEXT1")
  (insert "\nwith :width\t")
  (insert-image img2 "ALTTEXT2")
  (insert "\nwithout :width or :height\t")
  (insert-image img3 "ALTTEXT3")
  (insert "\nXPM with :height\t")
  (insert-image img4 "ALTTEXT4"))

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2020-08-22 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: 86d8d76aa36037184db0b2897c434cdaab1a9ae8
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.18363
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.1909.18363.1379)

Recent messages:

Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY W32NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: JPN
  locale-coding-system: cp932

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(gnutls network-stream nsm mailalias smtpmail auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs json map misearch multi-isearch pp
shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date subr-x seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-fns radix-tree
cl-print debug backtrace help-mode easymenu find-func cl-loaddefs cl-lib
term/bobcat japan-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win
w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 65226 14129)
 (symbols 48 7565 11)
 (strings 32 21763 1642)
 (string-bytes 1 693616)
 (vectors 16 13478)
 (vector-slots 8 241604 16054)
 (floats 8 26 277)
 (intervals 56 590 0)
 (buffers 1000 16))