Subject: blueman fails to find a dbus service file

From: Simon Streit <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2021 22:34:13 +0100

Hello,

I'm not quite sure yet if this is a is an actual bug or a error on my
side.

Whenever I load blueman-applet, it will pop up an error saying:

    Failed to apply newtork settings

and

    g-dbus-error-quark:
    GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
    org.blueman.Mechanism was not provided by any .service files (2)

Calling blueman-applet from the console gives:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
blueman-applet version 2.1.4 starting
Stale PID, overwriting
blueman-applet 22.15.06 WARNING  PluginManager:148 __load_plugin: Not loading PPPSupport because its conflict has higher priority
blueman-tray version 2.1.4 starting
Stale PID, overwriting
blueman-tray version 2.1.4 starting
There is an instance already running

(.blueman-tray-real:2356): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 22:15:07.504: gdk_window_thaw_toplevel_updates: assertion 'window->update_and_descendants_freeze_count > 0' failed
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I just tried to get rid of this message by modifying my
%desktop-services with:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(modify-services %desktop-services
                 (dbus config => (dbus-service #:services (list blueman))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

That worked, but it didn't help much.  After looking around online I
found that there has been an issue [1] reported on this before.  Looking
further from there [2] seems to be a viable solution, which is already
packed in the blueman package, but this file I can't find in the
system's profile.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Simon

[1] https://github.com/blueman-project/blueman/issues/948
[2] https://github.com/blueman-project/blueman/wiki/PolicyKit