Subject: bug#47030: blueman fails to find a dbus service file

From: Simon Streit <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 17:27:54 +0100

Grigory Shepelev <[email-masked]> writes:

> Installed guix a few weeks ago on my desktop PC and just yesterday on
> my laptop (thinkpad L13). Having the same problem on both of them.
>
> Gnome's default bluetooth "app" doesn't work. 
>
> After having the same config as in your example I can launch
> blueman-manager and connect to my bluetooth sound system. It makes a
> sound as if it's connected and displays itself as connected but I
> can't pick it as an output device in gnome's setting "sound" tab.
>
> How have you dealt with this?

I eventually solved my problem by adding
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(simple-service 'dbus-extras
                dbus-root-service-type
                (list blueman))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
to service list, and loading
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(gnu packages networking)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
to load blueman in the declaration.

Will close this bug report since it is not deemed to be one.

Kind regards
Simon