Subject: bug#47027: closed (Re: bug#47027: Disarchive package)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 04:47:02 +0000

Your bug report

#47027: Disarchive package

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
47027: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=47027
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#47027: Disarchive package
From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 00:45:51 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hey,

Timothy Sample <[email-masked]> writes:

> Right now, I am finishing one last UI tweak (stopping Disarchive from
> printing a backtrace when the directory does not exist in the SWH
> archive).  Then, I will release 0.2.0 and push this patch with the
> new version.

Done and pushed!

> Then – finally – we can talk about using it.

See <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/47336>.

-- Tim

Subject: Disarchive package
From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2021 14:37:31 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,

These patches add Disarchive and one of its dependencies,
Guile-QuickCheck.

They are pretty straight forward, but I am a little shaky about using
“guile-3.0-latest”, so I would appreciate another pair of eyes.  The
reason it’s there is because Disarchive opportunistically uses the SWH
code from Guix if it is available.  If I use plain “guile-3.0”, I get
“incompatible bytecode” errors when restoring archives from SWH.

TIA!

-- Tim