Subject: [bug#47027] Disarchive package

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 17:59:13 +0100

Howdy!

Timothy Sample <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I will put Disarchive in “backup.scm” with Guile 3.0.2.  In my eyes, it
> is a regular command-line program that happens to have a Scheme
> interface.  (Thanks Ludo – I didn’t know Guile 3.0.5 was fine with 3.0.2
> bytecode).

Alright!

> I need to release a new version though, hence the delay.  While working
> on the download code, I wanted some changes to Disarchive.  Now, it lets
> Guix figure out how to download the Disarchive specification file and
> the directory from SWH.  This allows Guix to reuse all of its
> specialized HTTP code, simplifies Disarchive, and makes it more suitable
> for use outside of Guix (by Nix or SWH or whatever).  It all works here
> with a database I set up at <https://disarchive.ngyro.com>.  Right now,
> I am finishing one last UI tweak (stopping Disarchive from printing a
> backtrace when the directory does not exist in the SWH archive).  Then,
> I will release 0.2.0 and push this patch with the new version.  Then –
> finally – we can talk about using it.

That sounds great—always improving.

> Thanks for your continued patience!  :)

Did you mean my continued impatience?  :-)

Thanks for the great quality work, as always!

Ludo’.