Subject: [bug#47027] Disarchive package

From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 10:13:02 -0400

Hi,

Leo Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Sonntag, den 21.03.2021, 11:29 +0100 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
>> Ping!  :-)
> I've pushed guile-quickcheck as
> 4cd88522f233dcb9affa3d3b0eada154439487c1, so we now only need to
> discuss what to do with (guile-)?disarchive.

Hey thanks Leo!

I will put Disarchive in “backup.scm” with Guile 3.0.2.  In my eyes, it
is a regular command-line program that happens to have a Scheme
interface.  (Thanks Ludo – I didn’t know Guile 3.0.5 was fine with 3.0.2
bytecode).

I need to release a new version though, hence the delay.  While working
on the download code, I wanted some changes to Disarchive.  Now, it lets
Guix figure out how to download the Disarchive specification file and
the directory from SWH.  This allows Guix to reuse all of its
specialized HTTP code, simplifies Disarchive, and makes it more suitable
for use outside of Guix (by Nix or SWH or whatever).  It all works here
with a database I set up at <https://disarchive.ngyro.com>.  Right now,
I am finishing one last UI tweak (stopping Disarchive from printing a
backtrace when the directory does not exist in the SWH archive).  Then,
I will release 0.2.0 and push this patch with the new version.  Then –
finally – we can talk about using it.

Thanks for your continued patience!  :)

-- Tim