Subject: bug#47026: 28.0.50; Allow Gnus summary faces to extend to end of line

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 01:25:18 +0100

Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thinking about it some more, I wonder whether the summary faces
> (e.g. gnus-summary-selected, gnus-summary-selected) should be defined
> with :extend t?
>
> It's not a decision to make lightly of course, since :extend is special
> in that themes inherit the value from the original definition.  I do
> think it makes sense though; for gnus-summary-selected at least, I find
> that it makes it easier to keep track of the currently selected article.

I think that makes sense -- I mean, that's how Gnus displayed these
things before Emacs was changed (incompatibly) in how faces on newline
characters is displayed.

That is, I think adding :extend t to most Gnus summary faces just brings
us back to how it was designed to be displayed.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no