Subject: Re: bug#47024: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] Warnings from async compilations truncated

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2021 20:37:57 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> When an async native-compilation is running, some warning messages
> emitted by the compilation are truncated.  Example:
>
>   Warning (comp): seq.el:396:16: Warning: `seq-contains' is an obsolete generic function (as of Disable showing Disable logging
>
> Note the truncation after "(as of".
>
> Why does this happen? can it be fixed?

ATM we capture each Warning (or error) with the following regexp:
"^.*+?\\(?:Error\\|Warning\\): .*$"

So I expect we match the full line (if is a multi line diagnostic we'll
loose what's following).

The matched string is passed directly to `display-warning'.  I don't
know if we have same machinery cutting lines that are considered too
long.

Thanks

  Andrea