Subject: bug#47023: df utilility displays G instead of GM as unit size for Gigabytes in power of 1000

From: Philippe Bénézech <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 13:58:54 +0100

Dear maintener,

I found a reproducible bug in df utility, installed in debian stable

$ df --version |head -1
df (GNU coreutils) 8.30
$ cat /etc/debian_version
10.8

df displays G instead of GM as unit size for Gigabytes in power of 1000 
(but the value is correct)

$ df -BGB /home
Sys. de fichiers blocs de 1GB Utilisé Disponible Uti% Monté sur
/dev/mapper/ssd2        421GB   355GB       45GB  89% /home

$ df -H /home
Sys. de fichiers Taille Utilisé Dispo Uti% Monté sur
/dev/mapper/ssd2   421G    355G   45G  89% /home

As a remark, the display is ok (no bug) with TeraBytes, MegaBytes and 
KiloBytes in power of 1000

$ df -BTB /home
Sys. de fichiers blocs de 1TB Utilisé Disponible Uti% Monté sur
/dev/mapper/ssd2          1TB     1TB        1TB  89% /home

$ df -BMB /home
Sys. de fichiers blocs de 1MB  Utilisé Disponible Uti% Monté sur
/dev/mapper/ssd2     420611MB 354492MB    44682MB  89% /home

$ df -BKB /home
Sys. de fichiers blocs de 1kB     Utilisé Disponible Uti% Monté sur
/dev/mapper/ssd2  420610057kB 354491245kB 44681065kB  89% /home

Best regards