Subject: Re: bug#46994: [PATCH] gnu: polkit.scm: Add missing copyright headers.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2021 11:45:36 -0400

Hello,

[email-masked] writes:

> From: Morgan Smith <[email-masked]>
>
> * gnu/packages/polkit.scm: Add missing copyright headers.
> ---
>
> I don't know if this is usually done. I just noticed that the file I was
> working on had very few copyright lines so I filled it in with info from the
> git history.

This could be done if, for example, the packages got move but their
copyright attribution forgotten.  In which case careful review should be
done to make sure the copyrights are moved or copied, accordingly.

Also, code removal and trivial edits (such as updating < 10 lines, for
example by bumping the version string and the hash of a package) are not
usually considered significant enough to be copyrighted, so this may
explain the discrepancy.

Were the changes in the git history copyright-worthy?

Thanks,

Maxim