Subject: Re: bug#46990: 28.0.50; popup menu not navigable via arrow keys on lucid build

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 12:02:43 +0100

>>>>> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

    > Po Lu via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text
    > editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

    >> I thought that was fixed a while ago.  It works for me here on
    >> both core input and XInput 2, so I don't know what could be going
    >> on.
    >> 
    >> Do you have anything set up that could be overriding the
    >> following translations?

    > I can reproduce the problem, too, so I can check.  But override
    > where?  In Gnome Shell?

    > Using the keyboard works fine in temacs, but not in the dumped
    > Emacs.  Could this also be related to X resources, like the
    > background colour of the menu bar?  I don't seem to have any
    > keyboard-related things in my X resources.

    > -- (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)  bloggy
    > blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no

I suppose the Lucid issue with no key-navigation of a popup menu is not
so important since the problem disappears (for me) once the Lucid
compiled emacs is installed. Perhaps it might be worth a note to this
effect in the INSTALL documentation?

Best wishes,