Subject: bug#46990: 28.0.50; popup menu not navigable via arrow keys on lucid build

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 19:39:23 +0000

>>>>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

    >> From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]> Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021
    >> 14:29:22 +0000 Cc: , [email-masked]
    >> 
    >> It does look as if something changed between pretests 1,
    >> 2. Pretest 2 has the same issue as emacs-28 - I'm not certain,
    >> but I think pretest 1 didn't. Unfortunately, I deleted pretest 1!
    >> 
    >> Perhaps the fact that I'm on 32 bits is significant. I don't have
    >> any more time today to look at this, but I will later in the
    >> week.

    > Can you or someone who sees the problem please bisect this?  I'm
    > delaying the release of Emacs 27.2 in the hope that we could fix
    > it, if indeed this was introduced between 27.1.90 and 27.1.91.

I may be guilty of crying wolf when there is none. If I configure the
27.1.91 pretest for lucid and "make", the effect does occur on launching
emacs via src/emacs. However if I go the next step and "make install",
the effect does not occur when I launch the installed emacs. I 
will double-check this by installing from the git master branch and
report back.

I am sorry. I stupidly assumed launching emacs from an src directory
would give the same beast as launching from the installed bin directory.

Best wishes,