Subject: bug#46990: 28.0.50; popup menu not navigable via arrow keys on lucid build

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2021 16:57:54 +0000

1. make clean and make distclean
2. ./configure ---x-toolkit=lucid <RET>
3. make <RET>
4. src/emacs -Q <RET>
5. Remove menu-bar by eval (menu-bar-mode -1) <RET>
6. <F10>
7. popup menu appears
8. popup menu navigable via mouse but not via arrow keys.
9. End

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.14.8, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2021-03-07 built on bluestar
Repository revision: 8558ecd65fc1c87345353f6352299df04280e729
Repository branch: master
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
JPEG LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-mailing-list-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  global-emojify-mode: t
  emojify-mode: t
  xclip-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/redknight/git/emacs-w3m/w3m-session hides /home/redknight/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m-session
/home/redknight/.emacs.d/lisp/wc-mode hides /home/redknight/.emacs.d/lisp/misc/wc-mode
/home/redknight/.emacs.d/lisp/so-long hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/so-long
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-id hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-id
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-eval hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ol-bibtex hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ol-bibtex
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-latex hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-fortran hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-forth hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-forth
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-ruby hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-stan hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-stan
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-python hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ol-gnus hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ol-gnus
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-js hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-plantuml hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-vala hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-vala
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-capture hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-texinfo hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-odt hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-R hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-calc hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-plot hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-haskell hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-sed hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-sed
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-ocaml hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-keys hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-keys
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-exp hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-C hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-ebnf hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ebnf
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-makefile hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ol-rmail hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ol-rmail
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-attach hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-shell hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-shell
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-mscgen hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-css hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-macs hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-macro hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-colview hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-archive hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ol-bbdb hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ol-bbdb
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-octave hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-list hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-list
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-duration hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-duration
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-screen hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-matlab hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ol-w3m hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ol-w3m
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ol hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ol
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-java hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-perl hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-tempo hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-tempo
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-clock hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-processing hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-processing
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-sass hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-md hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-lint hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-lint
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-goto hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-goto
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-eshell hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-eshell
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-pcomplete hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-picolisp hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-habit hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-table hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-publish hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-beamer hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-src hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-src
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-table hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-table
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-lilypond hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-org hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-indent hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-feed hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-icalendar hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ol-info hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ol-info
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-compat hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-ctags hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-groovy hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-groovy
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-scheme hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-lob hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-timer hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-ref hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-io hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-ascii hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-lisp hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-lua hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-lua
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-faces hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-num hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-num
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-maxima hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-tangle hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-attach-git hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-attach-git
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-man hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-ditaa hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-shen hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-element hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-element
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-version hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-version
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-loaddefs hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-core hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-J hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-J
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ol-irc hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ol-irc
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-abc hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-abc
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-ledger hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-hledger hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-hledger
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-sqlite hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-org hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ol-docview hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ol-docview
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-comint hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ol-eww hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ol-eww
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-clojure hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-html hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-install hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-install
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-entities hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ox hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ox
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-sql hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ol-mhe hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ol-mhe
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ol-eshell hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ol-eshell
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-awk hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-dot hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-latex hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/org-refile hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/org-refile
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-coq hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-coq
/home/redknight/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-asymptote hides /home/redknight/git/emacs/lisp/org/ob-asymptote

Features:
(shadow mailalias emacsbug qp mule-util gnus-gravatar gravatar dns
cl-extra sort smiley gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml
gnus-topic mm-archive url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth url-handlers
utf-7 nnrss mm-url nndraft nnmh nnml executable time-stamp bbdb-gnus
bbdb-message sendmail epa-file gnutls network-stream nsm gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache
gnus-article-treat-patch diff-mode gnus-registry registry eieio-base
gnus-icalendar org-capture icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom
browse-url gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-fun gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr term/xterm xterm flyspell
simple-dark-theme ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs bookmark recentf
tree-widget autoinsert printing ps-print ps-print-loaddefs ps-def lpr
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap ssh ovpn-mode netrc auto-loads
tex-site image-dired+ help-mode dired+ image-dired image-mode exif
image-file image-converter dired-x dired-aux muse-texinfo texnfo-upd
texinfo muse-latex muse-html muse-xml-common muse-publish muse-project
muse-protocols info muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode
page-break-lines ox-bibtex ox-texinfo reftex-cite reftex
reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars org-screenshot emojify apropos tar-mode
arc-mode archive-mode ht dash iimage ob-sqlite ob-shell ob-ruby ob-R
ob-python python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp
ob-plantuml ob-org ob-perl ob-lisp ob-latex ob-gnuplot ob-fortran
ob-eshell eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg
esh-module esh-groups esh-util ob-dot ob-ditaa ob-calc calc-store
calc-trail calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds ob-awk org-crypt ido ox-epub ox-odt rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse
nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table
ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree org-habit org-agenda
org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities time-date noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs wc-mode xclip
bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm mailabbrev bbdb bbdb-site timezone bbdb-loaddefs
insert-shebang ggtags hippie-exp edmacro kmacro easy-mmode derived
pcase etags fileloop generator xref project ewoc url-parse auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json
subr-x map seq byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv url-vars xcscope
lusty-explorer dired dired-loaddefs htmlize cl gv multi-term term
disp-table shell pcomplete ehelp synonyms mairix ftnchek-mode compile
text-property-search fortran cus-edit pp wid-edit cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cpan comint ansi-color ring savehist ispell
xt-mouse time so-long linum-ex isearch+ isearch-prop thingatpt+
thingatpt color advice heaven-and-hell paren cus-start cus-load
slime-autoloads cl-loaddefs cl-lib early-init iso-transl tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face
macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 540719 74183)
 (symbols 24 44927 95)
 (strings 16 237212 11449)
 (string-bytes 1 8153531)
 (vectors 8 95045)
 (vector-slots 4 3052470 73806)
 (floats 8 693 1036)
 (intervals 28 917 309)
 (buffers 564 33))