Subject: Re: bug#46990: 28.0.50; popup menu not navigable via arrow keys on lucid build

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 13:29:38 +0100

>>>>> Visuwesh  <[email-masked]> writes:

    > [திங்கள் ஜூன் 20, 2022] Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
    >> Colin Baxter <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> 
    >>> I suppose the Lucid issue with no key-navigation of a popup menu
    >>> is not so important since the problem disappears (for me) once
    >>> the Lucid compiled emacs is installed.
    >> 
    >> It's just interesting to find out what's going on here -- there
    >> might be other problems in the same area.
    >> 
    >> Copying src/emacs and src/emacs.pdmp to /tmp and executing
    >> /tmp/emacs also makes the problem disappear.

    > Weird... I can use arrow keys just fine here in a Lucid build.  My
    > emacs executable lives in src/emacs and my PATH contains,

    >     ~/lib/ports/emacs/lib-src:~/lib/ports/emacs/src

    > where ~/lib/ports/emacs is where I have the Emacs repo cloned.

    > The way I launch Emacs doesn't seem to matter either: I tried
    > `./src/emacs -Q' and `emacs -Q' and both don't show the problem.
    > If it is of any help, `xrdb -query' prints,

    >     *customization: -color

    > [ To be clear, I have no Xresources file anywhere in my home
    > directory.  ]

No ~/.Xresource? That's interesting. I think the common factor for those
who see the problem is that they have such a file, even though emacs
settings may have been commented out. I'll remove my Xresources and see
what happens.

Best wishes,