Subject: Re: bug#46986: 28.0.50; project.el: project-switch-project: dispatch menu bindings missing

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 03:05:49 +0200

On 09.03.2021 15:44, Terje Larsen wrote:
> Very interesting.
> 
> So I did upgrade to the latest revision as well
> (40d8f83e53ba64355035da78967c994d09a7802d) just to make sure. I still
> see the same issue.
> 
> I also tried running:
> 
>     (where-is-internal 'project-find-file project-prefix-map t)
> 
> It also returns [102] for me.
> 
> So now I realized what is happening, I think this is an issue with how
> Nix is handling packages, I got the latest `project.el` from ELPA
> instead of the one bundled with Emacs as it adds all the packages to
> load-path. I just loaded the latest version from Emacs itself instead
> and then I got the correct behavior.

Interesting indeed. Seems like you have had project-switch-commands set 
to the "new format" value (because of the var autoload, probably), but 
were using the older code with it.

> To summarize this was an issue with using project.el from ELPA instead
> of the one bundled with Emacs but together with the latest version of
> Emacs.

Another piece of the puzzle is that GNU ELPA is still on version 0.5.3, 
whileas the version bump to 0.5.4 was made around 2021-01-28, which 
should have triggered the new release.

Stefan, any ideas what could have gone wrong?