Subject: Re: RE : RE : bug#46972: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] Emacs locks itself during native compilation because of permission denied

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2021 20:14:12 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Matt M <[email-masked]>
>> CC: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2021 19:02:46 +0000
>> 
>> Exactly one, and in the « Command line » column I see it has the arguments I passed it so
>> that’s the one
>
> Hmm...  Andrea, what could that Emacs wait for?  When compilation
> signals the error described by Matt, why doesn't Emacs exit instead of
> waiting for something?

I *think* that what might be going on here is that Emacs is trying to
delete a stale .eln file through `comp-delete-or-replace-file'.  There
we have some Windows specific code that I guess might loop forever.

I guess somebody observing this issue will have confirm or refut this
suspect debugging this function.

  Andrea