Subject: bug#46971: 28.0.50; Fontifications in Info buffers break alignment in @multitable

From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 07:14:52 +0300

On 2021-10-05, 20:43 -0400, Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> The reason you are getting two distinct fonts is because the
>> 'Info-quoted' face is inheriting from 'fixed-pitch'.
>>
>> Does the alignment get fixed if you make fixed-pitch use the same font
>> as the default?  Such as with this:
>>
>>     (set-face-attribute 'fixed-pitch nil
>>                         :family (face-attribute 'default :family)
>>                         :height (face-attribute 'default :height))
>
> Interesting!  Yes, that fixes the issue here.

There is an option in the modus-themes 1.6.0 (emacs-28) that can disable
this behaviour of some faces inheriting from 'fixed-pitch':
'modus-themes-no-mixed-fonts'.

In my upstream repo I have decided to make that opt-in, instead of
opt-out, seeing as it can create surprising results (as in this case).
So the new option is 'modus-themes-mixed-fonts', which is nil by
default.

Do you think this is something that should be patched for the emacs-28
branch?  Otherwise I will sync my changes with 'master' when I release
the next version (maybe in a month from now).

-- 
Protesilaos Stavrou
https://protesilaos.com