Subject: Re: bug#46965: 28.0.50; unexec does not build (or work)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 03:27:02 +0200

Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:

> On this Debian-based x86_64-pc-linux-gnu system, configuring with
> --with-dumping=unexec results in various errors:
>
> 1. a compilation error in pdumper.c. Easy to fix, my fault, but then there's ...
> 2. a segfault when running the dumped image. The problem is we can't
> use glibc's malloc when running a dumped image, so we need to force
> use of hybrid malloc. But then...

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

It looks like this was fixed in:

commit 44ed8f6555288f00b982f21e68ac5a51372279de
Author:     Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
AuthorDate: Sun Apr 4 10:10:00 2021 +0300

And the unexec build seems to work OK for me still, so I'm closing this
bug report.  (If there's more to be done here, please respond to the
debbugs address and we'll reopen.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no