Subject: Re: bug#46964: [ELPA]: [PATCH] Replace modus-*-theme with modus-themes from :core

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 08:55:03 -0400

close 46964
thanks

> Thank you!  The update went through.  All good here.  The final step
> will be to remove the old packages.  I guess we can do that in a new bug
> report, say, six months from now.  Feel free to close this one.

Done.

> On another note, is there some way I could use elpa-devel to distribute
> the upstream version of my themes?  Patching emacs.git on a daily basis
> would not be feasible...  While having a bleeding edge variant would
> help with user testing, so that when I send a new tagged release to
> emacs.git (every month or so), I can be confident that everything is in
> order.

Hmm... currently the GNU ELPA scripts can understand the situation where
the release and the -devel code come from two different branches of the
same repository, but having the release come from :core and the other
from :url would require a fair bit of changes I think.

I believe it would be easier in that case to make both the release and
the -devel versions come from :url (and not use :core at all).

        Stefan