Subject: Re: bug#46964: [ELPA]: [PATCH] Replace modus-*-theme with modus-themes from :core

From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 07:29:50 +0200

On 2021-03-18, 13:52 -0400, Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> I made the necessary changes to the old files, based on what Basil had
>> shared earlier.  I attach modus-operandi, while the same has been done
>> for modus-vivendi.  You can retrieve those from the following branches:
>>
>> * https://gitlab.com/protesilaos/modus-themes/-/tree/elpa/modus-operandi-theme
>> * https://gitlab.com/protesilaos/modus-themes/-/tree/elpa/modus-vivendi-theme
>
> That's looking fine, pushed.
>
>> Then I applied the following change to elpa.git:
>>
>>  elpa-packages | 4 ++--
>>  1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
>
> And I pushed that as well, thank you.

Thank you!  The update went through.  All good here.  The final step
will be to remove the old packages.  I guess we can do that in a new bug
report, say, six months from now.  Feel free to close this one.

On another note, is there some way I could use elpa-devel to distribute
the upstream version of my themes?  Patching emacs.git on a daily basis
would not be feasible...  While having a bleeding edge variant would
help with user testing, so that when I send a new tagged release to
emacs.git (every month or so), I can be confident that everything is in
order.

-- 
Protesilaos Stavrou
protesilaos.com