Subject: Re: bug#46964: [ELPA]: [PATCH] Replace modus-*-theme with modus-themes from :core

From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 22:13:55 +0200

On 2021-03-10, 13:41 -0500, Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hmm... I made further changes to elpa-admin.el to handle this case.
> Here were the problems I encountered:
> - The .texi file generated by Org was basically empty because the .org
>   file that Org saw was literally empty (a symlink pointing nowhere),
>   because the `emacs` subdir was not included in the sandbox.
> - After adding the `emacs` subdir to the sandbox the problem was that
>   Emacs followed the symlink to the `emacs` subdir and then Org
>   tried to generate ../emacs/doc/misc/modus-themes.texi into
>   ../packages/modus-themes/modus-themes.texi.
> - After preventing Emacs to follow symlinks Org generated a proper .texi
>   but makeinfo complained of a missing doclicense.texi, so I had to add
>   "doc/misc/doclicense.texi" to the :core keyword.
>
> I believe it should work now.  Please try again,

Thank you!  I confirm that the package builds correctly.

How do we proceed from here?  In my original patch, I intended to
outright delete 'modus-{operandi,vivendi}-theme'.  Though you noted the
possibility of making those old packages pull in the new one.  I am fine
either way.

-- 
Protesilaos Stavrou
protesilaos.com