Subject: bug#46964: [ELPA]: [PATCH] Replace modus-*-theme with modus-themes from :core

From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2021 13:58:24 +0200

Dear maintainers,

With commits de602dd7cf and 8fb33bae32 in emacs.git the 'modus-operandi'
and 'modus-vivendi' themes are now updated to their latest version.

Since the themes are distributed with Emacs, GNU ELPA can treat them as
a single ":core" package.  This means that it should stop distributing
the standalone packages 'modus-operandi-theme' and 'modus-vivendi-theme'
which no longer correspond to the current state of the upstream
project.[1]

I tested the attached patch with elpa.git and successfully built
"packages/modus-themes" with the latest version of the files.

What I am not sure about---and apologies if I missed it in the elpa.git
README---is whether a ":core" package benefits from the 'make' command
when that has been called from the root of the emacs.git directory.  I
am, in particular, interested in the derived file info/modus-themes.info
(the "info" directory is not available in a fresh clone of emacs.git but
gets generated with 'make').

Thank you!
Protesilaos

[1]: <https://gitlab.com/protesilaos/modus-themes>.

-- 
Protesilaos Stavrou
protesilaos.com
>From 26d3b0d1d55b438c015b5add759875424eb1826c Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2021 13:14:33 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Replace modus-*-theme with modus-themes from :core

The themes 'modus-operandi' and 'modus-vivendi' are now part of
emacs.git and should thus be designated as a single ':core' package.
---
 elpa-packages | 3 +--
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/elpa-packages b/elpa-packages
index 30f634c1b1..70ca5d8fda 100644
--- a/elpa-packages
+++ b/elpa-packages
@@ -208,8 +208,7 @@
  ("mmm-mode"
   :url "https://github.com/purcell/mmm-mode.git"
   :auto-sync t)
- ("modus-operandi-theme":url "https://gitlab.com/protesilaos/modus-themes")
- ("modus-vivendi-theme"	:url "https://gitlab.com/protesilaos/modus-themes")
+ ("modus-themes" :core ("etc/themes/modus-themes.el" "etc/themes/modus-operandi-theme.el" "etc/themes/modus-vivendi-theme.el" "doc/misc/modus-themes.org" "info/modus-themes.info"))
  ("multishell"		:url "https://github.com/kenmanheimer/EmacsMultishell")
  ("muse"		:url "https://github.com/alexott/muse") ;FIXME: Not nearly in-sync
  ("myers"		:url nil)
-- 
2.30.1