Subject: bug#46943: closed (Re: bug#46943: 27.1; "see @xref" should be "see @ref" in tramp manual)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 16:54:02 +0000

Your bug report

#46943: 27.1; "see @xref" should be "see @ref" in tramp manual

which was filed against the emacs,tramp package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
46943: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=46943
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#46943: 27.1; "see @xref" should be "see @ref" in tramp manual
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: tsuucat via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], tsuucat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 17:53:26 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 27.2

tsuucat via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text
editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,

Hi,

> this is tiny patch.
>
> Without this, generated html produces “see See …”.

Thanks, I've applied it to both emacs-27 and master branches.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 27.1; "see @xref" should be "see @ref" in tramp manual
From: tsuucat <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 20:59:47 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

this is tiny patch.

Without this, generated html produces “see See …”.

(See current online manual
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/tramp/Remote-shell-setup.html)

diff --git a/doc/misc/tramp.texi b/doc/misc/tramp.texi
index 0a968e3945..8eaac14763 100644
--- a/doc/misc/tramp.texi
+++ b/doc/misc/tramp.texi
@@ -2150,7 +2150,7 @@ Remote shell setup

 Per default, @value{tramp} uses the command @command{/bin/sh} for
 starting a shell on the remote host.  This can be changed by setting
-the connection property @t{"remote-shell"}, see @xref{Predefined
+the connection property @t{"remote-shell"}, see @ref{Predefined
 connection information}.  If you want, for example, use
 @command{/usr/bin/zsh} on a remote host, you might apply